Baumann Skin Type® ORNT: Perfect 10 Skin
If you have Baumann Skin Type ORNT, congratulations – you have “Perfect 10” skin! This skin type does not have any barriers to skin health and is therefore easy to keep healthy and beautiful. However, natural ORNT skin types are very uncommon after the age of 20.
If you don’t currently have ORNT skin, don’t worry. You can address each of the skin health barriers that your current Baumann Skin Type has to gradually get Perfect 10 skin.
What Makes “Perfect 10” Healthy Skin?
Baumann Skin Type #10 or ORNT is considered the perfect skin type because it does not have any of the four barriers to skin health.
Other Baumann Skin Types have anywhere from one to all four of these barriers: dehydration, inflammation, pigmentation, and aging.
The characteristics of ORNT skin are:
- Oily. Your skin produces adequate or excess sebum. Sebum is rich in vitamin E, which is a strong antioxidant with anti-aging properties. It is desirable to produce sebum. Your skin barrier is most likely intact. If you have a damaged skin barrier, your sebum is compensating for the impaired barrier by providing occlusion.
- Resistant. Your skin is resistant, meaning it is less susceptible to inflammation and not one of the four sensitive skin subtypes.
- Non-pigmented. You have an even skin tone and do not have pigmentation concerns such as dark spots or melasma. Your melanocytes have balanced function.
- Tight. You are under 30 years old and/or practice good sun protection and lifestyle habits that help your skin stay tight and not wrinkled.
ORNT Skincare Regimen
The goal with ORNT skin types is to use the proper basic routine in order to maintain healthy, “perfect 10” skin. It is important to avoid products that can damage the skin, hurt the skin barrier or cause inflammation which would change your skin to a less healthy skin type. Pair the correct skincare routine with healthy lifestyle choices like staying out of the sun, eating healthy, and exercising to take excellent care of your skin.
- Sunscreen. All skin types – even ORNTs – should wear sunscreen on a daily basis to help prevent dark spots, wrinkles, skin cancer, and other skin problems. Use at least SPF 15 on a daily basis, and SPF 30 or higher when you will be outdoors for an hour or more. Because ORNT types can be on the oilier side, choose a sunscreen with non-comedogenic ingredients. I like Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 (tinted) and Elta MD Clear SPF 46.
- Cleanser. It is important that ORNT types cleanse their skin twice daily to remove excess oil. Use a foaming cleanser such as Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Daily Care Foaming Cleanser , La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser or Nolio Foaming Cleanser. Avoid cleansers and other skincare products that contain mineral oil, borage seed oil, and other oils, waxes, and butters. These ingredients can clog your pores.
- Pore-clearing product. Excess sebum can become trapped inside pores, causing whiteheads, blackheads, and breakouts. Use an exfoliating product such as SkinCeuticals Micro-Exfoliating Scrub , Pidanti Smoothing Face and Body Polish, or a salicylic cleanser such as NoLIO Salicylic Acid Cleanser to help keep your pores clear.
How Do I Get Perfect 10 Skin?
If you don’t already have the ideal skin type, following the proper skincare routine can get you there! To change your genetic skin type to Perfect 10 ORNT skin, you need to address each of the barriers to skin health that are a concern for your current Baumann Skin Type.
The four barriers to skin health are:
The first step is to find out which of these barriers you have. You can do this by finding a Skin Type Solutions physician in your area to take the Baumann Skin Type questionnaire. If you don’t have one in your area, go to SkinTypeSolutions.com where you have several options including a virtual consult. You will be given a step-by-step skincare regimen designed to keep your skin a Perfect 10 ORNT Skin Type.
Some people are blessed with naturally healthy skin and have the “Perfect 10” Baumann Skin Type ORNT thanks to genetics. However, many people over the age of 20 do not have this ideal skin type, as lifestyle factors like staying out of the sun also contribute to skin health.
Luckily, anyone can get “Perfect 10” ORNT skin by following the proper skincare regimen for their current Baumann Skin Type.
©2020 Metabeauty, Inc.