The Top 3 Best Face Washes for Eyelash Extensions
If you have eyelash extensions, you’ll need to choose the best face wash for your skin type that does not contain oils, as oils can break down the glue that holds the extensions onto your skin, causing them to fall off sooner than expected. Fortunately, there are several face cleansers that are both safe for eyelash extensions and great for your skin.
Top 3 Safe Cleansers for Eyelash Extensions
Use a gentle face wash like these top three options to help keep your eyelash extensions from falling out early.
- PCA Skin Creamy Cleanser. This hydrating cleanser is perfect for dry skin types and also doubles as one of the best face washes for eyelash extensions. Like the other cleansers on this list, PCA Skin Creamy Cleanser does not contain the lipids that can cause eyelash extensions to become loose and fall off.
- Medature Plantract Cleansing Gel. This gel-based face wash is another excellent option for both dry skin and eyelash extensions. Its gentle, plant-based ingredients will leave your eyelash extensions intact while also gently cleansing your skin and eliminating redness.
- La Roche Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser. This face wash is a good option for dry, sensitive skin and will not cause eyelash extensions to fall out. It contains La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water, along with other gentle hydrating ingredients to leave your skin smooth and soft without irritation.
Is Micellar Water Safe for Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, micellar water is generally safe for eyelash extensions. However, double-check the ingredient list to make sure that it is oil-free. Micellar water can be a great option to use to periodically clean your eyelash extensions.
Some people with sensitive skin can also benefit from using micellar water with their regular cleanser to wash their faces, since tap water contains a variety of minerals and other substances that can be irritating to sensitive skin.
Facial Cleansers that Make Eyelash Extensions Fall Out
Do not use these cleansers if you have eyelash extensions, because they contain lipids that can loosen the bond that holds the extensions on – I know because I have eyelash extensions myself!
- IS Clinical Cream Cleanser
- Zerafite Creamy Cleanser
- Skinceuticals LHA Cleanser Gel
- Cetaphil cleanser
- Cera Ve cleanser
- Neutrogena acne wash
If you like using one of these cleanser for your skin, avoid washing the eye area with them. You can use a different cleanser to wash near your eyes.
How to Prolong Your Eyelash Extensions
Taking care of your eyelash extensions and following these tips will help them to last longer:
- Keep your eyelashes clean. Do not avoid washing your eyelashes because you are afraid that they will fall off. Instead, use one of the safe cleansers listed here to make sure your eyes and eyelashes are clean.
- Avoid oil-based products. Look for oil-free makeup remover, cleansers, creams, and other skin care products that will come into contact with your eyes and lashes.
- Follow the instructions given to you by your lash extension specialist. You will be asked to avoid heavy exposure to water directly after getting extensions to make sure they set properly. Follow this and all other instructions as closely as possible to help prolong the life of your lashes.
When choosing the best face wash that is safe for eyelash extensions, look for a gel-based or non-oil-based cleanser with gentle ingredients. If you are unsure, choose one of the top three cleansers listed here or ask your dermatologist or lash technician.
©2020 Metabeauty, Inc.